Saturday, February 7, 2009

Idol Stalker - Watching American Idol

Idol Stalker - Watching American Idol

More Join Disney’s American Idol Experience Celebration!

Posted: 06 Feb 2009 10:57 AM PST

I'm so excited!!!  Have you heard that the American Idol Experience attraction is opening at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida this month! david archuleta stitch disney
The guest list continues to grow and, already, this party is starting to sound incredible!!!  On the confirmed guest list are the following:

  • American Idol host Ryan Seacrest
  • David Cook, winner Season 7
  • Jordin Sparks, winner Season 6
  • Taylor Hicks, winner Season 5
  • Carrie Underwood, winner Season 4
  • David Archuleta (runner-up, Season 7)
  • Bo Bice (runner-up, Season 4)
  • Justin Guarini (runner-up, Season 1)

The list continues to expand so, hopefully, we'll be able to add a few more names to this list! 

The event takes place on February 12, 2009 and is by invitation-only.  Fortunately, I've been invited so I'm planning to take a TON of pictures and share them with you!  I've put up a few posts about the event which you can see here:

In the meantime, here are some images to show you just how much Idol contestants love Disney! David Cook guitar disney

See more pictures after the jump!

Jordin Sparks at DisneyDavid Cook with Pluto syesha mercado micky

images used with permission

Tags: , , ,

David Cook Vlog’s About Spring Tour

Posted: 06 Feb 2009 10:27 AM PST

American Idol season 7 winner, David Cook, created a video blog for his fans (I love technology!).  He showed his appreciation for how well the tour has started.  He acknowledges that people have been whining about the fact that there aren't enough shows or tickets but he does promise to try to add more dates in the future.  He looks awfully tired but oh so cute!

Tags: , ,

American Idol’s “Bikini Girl” Considering Playboy Offer

Posted: 06 Feb 2009 10:10 AM PST

It looks like Katrina Darrell, a.k.a. Bikini Girl, is going to have another chance at fame – this time as a Playboy model.  You might be thinking that it's crazy that she auditioned for a singing competition but ended up having a chance to pose nude but when you look at how she showed up for her original audition, you can't be too surprised, right?Katrina Darrell

Katrina left the competition during Hollywood week after being at odds with judge Kara DioGuardi and several of her fellow competitors.  I know I sighed with relief when I saw her dragging her suitcase toward the nearest airport.

She tells Access Hollywood: "[I've had] a lot of different offers, like Vegas promotion offers.  Of course, Playboy has called. I wouldn't say no, but at the same time I don't want to stunt my career by jumping into that too soon and be labeled once again, as 'just a body.' But I don't knock it." 

So, would she be willing to go totally nude or would she keep the bikini on?  "I don't know. I would have to think about that," she said. "My dad would probably kill me."

She also claims that she was misrepresented during the Hollywood Week episode that portrayed her as not being particularly willing to work hard.  In an effort to set things straight, she made the following comment:

"I did rehearse a lot more than they showed. I had auditioned all day, then at midnight they gave me a new song to learn and then I had to be up and ready to perform at 7, so I stayed up 'til 4:30 and then I started getting delirious," she explained. "Then the girls were being catty, and it was impossible to work with them — one's taking off and having cigarette breaks, the other one is a minor, has her parent looking over me the whole time and then the other one said, ' I'm the best singer and I should sing the beginning,' and I'm like, 'I'm so tired, I can't do this.' You know, I'm not in a girl group, I'm a solo artist."

Well, at least she's got a lot of confidence in herself, right?  *sigh* 

Aside from being scantily dressed and a nuisance to the other women on the show, Katrina was also known for kissing host, Ryan Seacrest, again and again.  "He seemed timid, scared. He was like, I wanna kiss back, but I can't," Katrina said of their smooch. "[Ryan's] bottom lip pouted out [when I kissed him]." 

Is she interested in him?  "Yes, he's hot, for sure," she said.

Someone better warn Katrina that if she thought the girls on the show and Kara were harsh, she will be in for a real fight if she tries to move in on Ryan.  He's an admitted "momma's boy" and his mother, Connie, does not mess around!

images © 2008 Fox Broadcasting Co. Cr: Michael Becker

Tags: , , ,

Watch David Archuleta Tomorrow on iCarly!

Posted: 06 Feb 2009 09:47 AM PST

Don't forget to set your timers!!!  American Idol cutie, David Archuleta, will be guest starring in an episode of Nickelodeon's popular teen show, iCarly.  It stars Miranda Cosgrove who you may remember from her roles in School of Rock (starring alongside Jack Black) and the television show Drake and Josh (I love that show!).

Here's a cute little video of Miranda and David promoting the episode which airs on February 7th.  Check you local listings for times.

I've also got a bit of a sneak peak for you here.   My son scrounged up this YouTube collection of behind-the-scene shots from the episode.  Check it out:

Tags: , ,