Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brit Music Scene

Brit Music Scene


The Cranberries Reform For Live Gig, Possibly New Album

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 08:07 PM PDT

The Cranberries were one of my favorite bands for a few years during the 1990s. Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? was released in 1993, just as I hit 16, an important age when musical influences were starting to hit me big. And I also liked No Need To Argue, released a year later.

The Cranberries Collection Album Cover

But then The Cranberries kind of fell off my musical radar and I assume I moved on to newer bands. They finally split in 2003 but it had been a few years since they’d truly been successful by then. But now, they’re back, preparing for a live show and possibly heading back to the studio to record a new album.

According to NME, lead singer Dolores O’Riordan announced the reunion today, with a first gig at London’s Royal Albert Hall taking place on March 3, 2010. She said:

“I’ve decided to reunite with my former band members in The Cranberries and we will be writing new songs and performing tracks off my new album ['No Baggage'] as well as our greatest hits during the shows. I'd love to see you out there.”

I’d be very tempted to attend this gig purely to hear those classic tracks that had a big impact on me. But with three albums released since I stopped really being interested, and O’Riordan also stating they’d be performing material from her solo album, I’m not sure.

For those who are sure, tickets go on sale on Monday, Oct. 19 through Kililive.com.

[Photo Source: Amazon.co.uk]

Post from: Brit Music Scene


Liam Gallagher: Michael Jackson Was “A Bit Of A Nut Job”

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 02:06 PM PDT

Love him or hate him, you have to give credit to Liam Gallagher for speaking his mind at all times. The former Oasis man, who is now pondering his next move after the band split up, says what he thinks at all times. And that’s a good way to live. It does, however, mean people can get upset.

Liam Gallagher of 'Oasis'

The question is whether it’s been long enough since Michael Jackson passed away for Gallagher to get away with giving his honest opinion. Which, according to Digital Spy, he did during an interview with The Daily Mail. Gallagher told the newspaper:

“He was genius, without a doubt. Not my kind of music, though. I preferred him when he was in the Jackson Five but then he turned into a bit of a nut job. Anyone who has their own fairground in the back garden has to go nuts. I have a couple of trees and a garden shed so it keeps me well on the ground.”

The thing is, it’s hard to disagree with Liam’s sentiment. Michael Jackson was a genius but he was also arguably a little bit of the side of nuts. Maybe that comes with the territory, that true genius is tempered by madness. Which is probably why Liam Gallagher is so normal and down to earth.

[Photo Source: Newscom]

Post from: Brit Music Scene