Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Brit Music Scene

Brit Music Scene


Liam Gallagher Wants A New Band – No Solo Plans

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 07:22 PM PDT

Since Oasis split at the end of August, not much has been seen or heard of former frontman Liam Gallagher. Which makes a change for him. There was speculation that he’d now begin a solo career, going head-to-head with his brother Noel into the bargain. But no, Liam wants to be in another band.

Liam Gallagher of 'Oasis'

After Liam confirmed Oasis were definitely no more, all he’s done is give his backing to a campaign to save honey bees and called Michael Jackson “a bit of a nut job.” Noel has also been quiet but did at least spell out plans for a solo career.

Liam told The Scotsman he has other plans:

“Getting away from the whole Oasis thing is going to be a good thing I suppose. I don’t want to do anything solo. I want to be in a band. But we can do things a lot differently these days. It’ll definitely be rock ‘n’ roll.”

“I’m always going to miss Oasis. It was my f**kinging thing, you know what I mean? It’s who I am. But it’s only a name. I’m still who I am and I can go and do something else. I’ve got music in me. I’ll never leave it behind but we’ll see where it goes. It might be sh*t but you don’t know until you try.”

Liam Gallagher in a band other than Oasis? That will be very bizarre to see. The problem I can see with this plan is that Liam was regarded as the difficult one in Oasis, with the arguments and aggression coming from him. So God only know how his new bandmates are going to cope with that side of his personality. Hopefully better than his brother did.

[Photo Source: Newscom]

Post from: Brit Music Scene


Lily Allen Isn’t Retiring – Setting Up Record Label, Theater

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 01:20 PM PDT

Well there’s a turn-up for the books. There we all were thinking Lily Allen was retiring from music, moving out of the media spotlight, and leaving her fans to stew on Twitter and MySpace. But it seems this isn’t strictly true.

maxphotos249706-PAP-PRINTEMPS-ETE-2-Lily-Allen-Quits

Talking to The Daily Star after winning a Q Award for ‘Best Track’ for The Fear, Allen denied the claims over her desire to leave music behind. However, rather than promising new music, it looks as though she is now more keen to disappear more behind the scenes. She said:

"I never win anything for my music so I'm very happy. I'm not retiring, I'm just getting away from this media and recording rubbish. I'm setting up my own label and theater. I’m no media monkey. The words Fearne and Cotton don’t mean anything to me. I don't wanna have anything to do with that. Eugh."

Fair enough. A record label and theater are noble aims to possess, especially for the girl who seems to be able to achieve pretty much anything she sets her heart and mind on. But I’m not convinced at her denial of being a “media monkey” in the vein of Fearne Cotton. That’s exactly how I see Lily Allen at the moment.

[Photo Source: Newscom]

Post from: Brit Music Scene