Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hip Hop Roll

Hip Hop Roll


Jay-Z and Alicia Keys Perform at 2009 World Series

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 03:04 PM PDT

Yesterday, rap mogul Jay-Z and R&B songstress, Alicia Keys performed their collaborative single together, "Empire State of Mind" at Game 2 of the 2009 World Series. The two of them brought the house down in Yankee Stadium, Hova wearing his New York Yankees hat and jacket.

The performance was great and I would have loved to been there! They couldn't have chosen a better pair of performers, especially since Jay-Z loves his team so much. 

Alicia recently said that she's grateful that Jay-Z hit her up for the song, "Obviously, I’m very grateful to him for reaching out to me and for that type of ability to represent my hometown, like, that was crazy. So we went to the studio. I went to the studio, and … I fell in love from the jump."

She continued,  "He’s like, ‘The piano, the way the style [is], the whole flow, and it couldn’t be the anthem of New York without you.’ "

Check out their performance in Yankee Stadium below!

Post from: Hip Hop Roll