Monday, October 19, 2009

My Crazy Music Blog

My Crazy Music Blog

Link to My Crazy Music Blog

Mp3 of the Day: Basia Bulat's "Gold Rush"

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 09:00 AM PDT

Rough Trade Records is excited to announce the forthcoming album from Basia Bulat. Entitled Heart Of My Own, the album will be in stores on January 26, 2010. This album is the follow up to 2007's Oh, My Darling which generated a groundswell of support from both the press and fans alike. NPR called the first single "In The Night" "one of 2008's great singles" and Spin.com said, ""Oh, My Darling's

Tonight in Rock: Melissa Auf der Maur @ Knitting Factory, 10/17

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 03:45 PM PDT

Written by: Stephanie GortonMelissa Auf der Maur, Renaissance woman of our times, is playing New York City's new Knitting Factory in Brooklyn tonight, to my enormous excitement. The new album, released under the name MAdM, shares a title with a graphic novel and film -- all are called Out of Our Minds, or OOOM. Promising to be a contemporary response to the Pre-Raphaelites, the film part of the