Saturday, October 24, 2009

popwreckoning updates

popwreckoning updates

Link to popwreckoning

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Release iTunes Acoustic Album

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 10:30 AM PDT

New York City's alt-rock power trio sat down with iTunes recently to create an all-new program of music and interview commentary that reflects upon their illustrious nine-year career. The result is ITunes Originals – , an exclusive  exclusive digital album that features the band performing acoustic reconstructions of YYY's fan favorites "Our Time" (from a self-titlyyys3ed 2002 EP), the breakthrough single "Maps" (from their 2003 debut Fever to Tell), and several songs from their most recent album It's Blitz: the showstopper "Hysteric," "Dull Life," and "Runaway." The album also includes studio versions of "Y Control," "Gold Lion," "Cheated Hearts," "Down Boy," and "Heads Will Roll."

In addition, fans are treated to interviews with singer ., guitarist Nick Zinner, and drummer , as they reflect on and deconstruct the past nine years of their career, revealing the inspirations and fascinating stories behind their songs.

Tracklisting:
It's the Year to Be Hated (Interview)
Our Time (iTunes Originals Version
A Love Song In the Truest Sense (Interview)
Maps (iTunes Originals Version
Conga Line Around a Dead Dog (Interview)
Y Control
The Studio As Laboratory (Interview)
Gold Lion
Back from the Dead (Interview)
Cheated Hearts
Darker Side of (Interview)
Down Boy
Something Tangy, Something Sour (Interview)
Dull Life (iTunes Originals Version)
Glam Rock Murder On the Dancefloor (Interview)
Heads Will Roll
Rewarding Love Song (Interview)
Hysteric (iTunes Originals Version)
Range of Musicianship (Interview)
Runaway (iTunes Originals Version)

: website | myspace | iTunes store | It's Blitz review | remix monday: ‘zero’ | @ house of blues | @ bumbershoot | @ monolith | @ beaumont | @ bonaroo 2009 | @ all points west 2009 | @ lolla 2009

Related Posts

Yeasayer Announce ‘Odd Blood’ Release

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 09:30 AM PDT

The long-awaited second album from New York’s Yeasayer. will be titled Odd Blood and will be released February 9, 2010 on cd/lp/mp3 formats via Secretly Canadian in North America. yeasayer (64)

The band promises more exciting news and surprises when playing the Guggenheim Museum in NYC October 30.

Tracklisting:
01. The Children
02. Ambling Alp
03. Madder Red
04. I Remember
05. O.N.E.
06. Love Me Girl
07. Rome
08. Strange Reunions
09. Mondegreen
10. Grizelda

Yeasayer: website | myspace | @ bonnaroo

Related Posts

Jim Carrey Covers ‘I Am The Walrus’

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 08:30 AM PDT

Austin City Limits: Day 1 in Review

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 07:30 AM PDT

My day began with Google maps getting me lost, eventually finding my bus and away I went on a rather beautiful day to begin my Austin City Limits experience. After checking in at the media tent, I made my way to catch the wonderful bluegrass/punk stylings of the Avett Brothers who kicked off my day with a bang, mostly taking material from their recently released I and Love and You (which shall go down as one of my favorite records of 2009). yyys3

After the close of their set, I made the trek to the XBOX 360 stage to discover one of my surprises of the festival and that was The Walkmen. Let me just say that I had no idea what to expect, but I was left rather impressed by Hamilton Leithauser's stage presence as The Walkmen incorporated a rather wonderful horn section, bringing their material to another level.

To my liking, I didn't have to do all that much walking after seeing The Walkmen as I wandered over to the AMD (West) stage to see the French stylings of Phoenix. Their dance/pop wowed the crowd as they kicked things off with “Lisztomania,” sending the crowd into a dance frenzy which didn't stop for the remainder of their set.

After a break to rehydrate, and load up on delicious all natural snack in the media area, I made my way back to the AMD stage to catch the last few minutes of who brought the soul, setting the mood for John Legend to take the mainstage right after Saadiq's performance.

After enjoying Legend's serenading of the lovely ladies at ACL, I made my way to what had to be the most-hyped performance of the festival, . Three words come to mind when asked to describe this new band of Dave Grohl, John Paul Jones and Josh Homme and those three words are, heavy as fuck. Grohl's child-like grin throughout the set just showed how much he enjoys being behind the drums again. Homme's solos danced around Jones' heavy bass lines with Grohl setting the fast tempo. Homme is often the overshadowed member of the band and to his credit, he holds his own on the guitar and with vocals that pack a punch.

Following that kind of performance is quite the feat that was left upon the shoulders of Day 1 headliners, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. After seeing just a few days before in St. Louis, I decided to finally experience the visual craziness that is in person. Heavy on costumes, spit takes and growls, Miss O danced around with an infectious smile closing Day 1 with songs mostly from It's Blitz, not that I'm complaining, it's my favorite YYY's album. After their set, I made my way off the grounds and discovered the joy that was free shuttle service to my hotel. For that, I must confess my love to you Austin and was left looking forward to Day 2 after a night of well-deserved rest.

Austin City Limits: website

Related Posts