Friday, November 6, 2009

Brit Music Scene

Brit Music Scene


Noel Gallagher Delays Solo Plans – Moving To Manchester

Posted: 05 Nov 2009 11:36 AM PST

Hell must be freezing over as Noel Gallagher has signaled his intention to move back to Manchester. But this move back north to his roots, as well as a desire to take a break from the music industry, means his solo plans have been indefinitely put on hold.

Noel Gallagher of 'Oasis'

Noel told The Evening Standard:

“I’m leaving London to go back up north, to Manchester. I’ve been advised to do a Rod Stewart, as in a tax exile, but I don’t want to do it. But London has lost its spark.”

He also spoke to The Daily Star, telling them of his plans, or lack of them. It seems the lure of soap operas is just too much for him to get back in the studio.

“I’m not doing a solo album as I’m taking time off. I’m enjoying bumming around watching Coronation Street. I much prefer it to EastEnders. That show is too depressing for me.”

I wonder whether Liam will follow him home? Although, maybe putting a few hundred miles between the two would be the best idea at the juncture due to the nature of how Oasis split.

[Photo Source: Newscom]

Post from: Brit Music Scene