Friday, November 6, 2009

She Plays Music

She Plays Music


Karin Dreijer Andersson’s Solo Project Fever Ray & The Knife

Posted: 05 Nov 2009 09:34 AM PST

I first heard about Karin Dreijer Andersson when I was introduced to The Knife, a Swedish brother and sister duo ( Olof Dreijer) whose ambient, dark eclectic music haunted me yet intrigued me. It seems everything that I have an interest in is Swedish and I think it’s because they get things right: design, fashion, and especially music.

The Knife is no exception.

knife206

These two definitely get things right and I find myself listening to their stuff on a regular basis. It’s perfect to have a chill dance party to or to sit and read a book. I think what I like about them most is their creativity with their photoshoots and videos. In a biography written by Craig McLean he explains that the two felt taking pictures of themselves didn’t capture what their music was about. Therefore, they decided to dress up in costumes that represented their sound.

knife080This artistic interpretation of their sound is something that Karin has taken into her solo project, Fever Ray. I’m almost more blown away by her progress in this project then The Knife but they both have a place in my heart!

Olof and Karin had decided to slow things down after Karin had her second child. However, she couldn’t resist the temptation to write, so says Steve Yates in a biography on the Fever Ray project.

The result: something very similar to The Knife but as Karin says, “half of what the songs are about is the subconscious.” You can see this in her videos which are dark, haunting, and beautiful.

03-095583-online

Fever Ray Photographed By Johan Renck

To show you just how beautiful Fever Ray music videos are I posted one after the jump!

You’re welcome!

xo


Seven from Fever Ray on Vimeo.

Sources: The Knife’s Official Website, Fever Ray Offical Website

Thank you to Tom Packer from DEF ltd. for sending me these photos!

Post from: She Plays Music

I Love, Love Lady Gaga’s Lace Dress

Posted: 05 Nov 2009 08:35 AM PST

I have to admit I haven’t been the biggest fan of Lady Gaga since she jumped onto the pop music scene and well, that’s because I’m not really into pop or mainstream music. But I won’t lie her music videos and her personal style have become my guilty pleasures. She’s entertaining to say the least and her dare devil outfits defintely grab my attention. For example, this lace dress is super sexy and I can’t see anyone else being this brave (or crazy).

91105W5_GAGA_B-GR_05

We all love to hate her but why? She’s no different then Madonna in the 1980s! Although I may never buy her albums or really love her music I will definitely appreciate her weird bad ass style! P.S. I LOVE HER BAG!

More photos of this lace dress after the cut!

91105W5_GAGA_B-GR_04

91105W5_GAGA_B-GR_01

Ok, ok the fact that you can see her panties is a bit much but you know every guy around her is drooling!

What are your thoughts?

Image Credit: Bauer Griffin

Post from: She Plays Music