Saturday, November 14, 2009

She Plays Music

She Plays Music


Flash Back Fridays: Heart

Posted: 13 Nov 2009 02:25 PM PST

Listening to Heart reminds me of growing up in a small town and only being able to listen to the radio in my parents station wagon. The tape player was broken and there were only a handful of stations to choose from. I always, always ended up on the Classic Rock station. A band led by women, the songs were written by women, and they were bad @$$ babes. Sister duo Nancy and Ann Wilson are solid chicks that didn’t care about their looks (although they were hot rockin’ ladies). They set out to be themselves and enter a domain that men had predominantly ran.

Heart the band

Image Credit: Amazon.com

My favorite songs  (I’m sure it’s everyones) are “Crazy on You” and “Barracuda”. These two classic tracks gets everyone singing along and starts any party!  These chicks had/have a huge following and get huge respect from men and women alike!

I found this incredible documentary about Heart and it’s definitely worth watching. Here’s the link to the fist part!

In the meantime rock out to the “Crazy On You” vid after the jump!

Post from: She Plays Music